One of the most important things in life is the company you keep—at Airstream, we believe that is especially true when traveling and exploring the unknown. In honor of one of the most loyal travel companions of all, today’s blog is dedicated to man’s best friend, also known as your dog!
Wally Byam, founder of Airstream, had a furry friend who traveled with him. Wally rescued his dog Chica from the side of a highway in Mexico, and the Irish Setter quickly became one of Wally’s best travel companions. We think that’s one of the great things about traveling in an Airstream—it’s a means of travel that allows you to Live Riveted with your pup by your side. There may be a tad more slobber on the seat cushions, but we know we certainly don’t mind!
Dogs add funny stories, sweet moments and crazy adventures to our lives, often becoming part of the family. To celebrate our beloved pups, we searched for dog-friendly adventures perfect for when you road trip with your furry friend. Dog trails and parks are great places to explore, and the U.S. has a lot of great trail options. Here is our top 5:
- The Biltmore Estate in Asheville, N.C. is a great dog-friendly trail that allows your canine to walk through gardens, trails and vineyards. While Fido might not be allowed in the actual Biltmore house, he can still walk the grounds and enjoy a meal outside with you.
- Millie Bush Dog Park in Houston is one of the top leash-free dog parks in the nation with 13 acres of wide-open land, along with ponds, shady areas and water fountains.
- Pilgrim Bark Park in Provincetown, Mass. is a dog and art lover’s dream with its impressive art installations and an acre of land for your furry friends to enjoy.
- Westridge-Canyonback Wilderness Park in Los Angeles is a great way to escape the city with your pup, as you take in views of downtown and the ocean on the different trails. Get ready for a 3.7-mile hike to the top with your dog!
- Dog Wood Park in Jacksonville, Fla. is one of the largest fenced dog parks in the United States. This 42-acre space has tons of trails, a 2-acre swimming lake for dogs and exercise equipment to get you and your pup moving!
We want to hear about how you travel with your dog! We love great photos here at Airstream, so share your best picture of you and your dog living riveted on our Facebook page and be entered to win an Airstream pet bowl!