Happy Father’s Day weekend! As many scan the shelves for the perfect tie to surprise dad with, we think celebrating him calls for a Live Riveted adventure instead. Whether dad enjoys golfing, fishing, hiking or simply going for a drive, we have found some great travel spots that will make this Father’s Day one to remember and one where we can show the men in our lives how much we appreciate them!
Here are some travel ideas for dads who love…
- Lake Berryessa in Napa Valley, California, is a great family-friendly place to fish that contains cold and warm-water species. This is also an ideal destination for those who love water sports!
- Bahia Honda State Park in Big Pine Key, Florida, has some of the best tarpon fishing in the state. Feel free to hire a charter boat and guide during tarpon season and enjoy some quality fishing.
- Galveston Island State Park in Galveston, Texas, provides an opportunity to relax in a quiet area and enjoy nature. The area also offers free fishing clinics.
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina is the perfect stop for affordable golfing, as well as for plenty of options for different courses. Visit this destination to check out the nearly 100 golf courses and enjoy some time by the beach.
- Pinehurst, North Carolina is home to eight championship courses and is hosting this year’s U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open Championships. This well-regarded course is sure to be an adventure for any golfer.
- Sea Island, Georgia offers a luxurious escape for golfers, who can tee off by Atlantic sea views on a variety of terrain. There’s also a highly acclaimed learning center for those looking to improve their swing.
- The Colorado Trail provides gorgeous views, wildlife sightings and exciting trips through old mining towns. It is helpful to note that visitors can begin their hike at different points on the trail for shorter hike options.
- Roan Highlands by the North Carolina-Tennessee border is a stunning portion of the Appalachian Trail. With incredible views and beautiful wildlife, this is a great stop for any dad craving adventure.
- Superior Hiking Trail in Minnesota overlooks Lake Superior and provides a more forested hike with plenty of wildlife and stunning waterfalls!
- Washington D.C. is a perfect destination for the dad who loves historic trips filled with monuments and museums. From the Lincoln Memorial to the National Air and Space Museum, visitors will have more options than time in this city.
- Boston is a city rich with American history. From stops that pay homage to the times of the Puritans and the revolutionaries, to the first public school and public library, Boston has so much to offer.
- Charleston, South Carolina makes visitors feel like they are walking through history, as its preserved streets allow for a true antebellum flashback. Civil War buffs will really enjoy a visit to Fort Sumter, where the first shot of the war was fired.
There are so many ways to celebrate dad this Father’s Day—there may even be a great place to explore right in your backyard! We think this holiday is a great chance to get creative and go on a Live Riveted adventure that dad will love.