- Celebrity owners include: Tom Hanks (who was gifted by his wife, Rita Wilson), Johnny Depp, Adrien Brody, Diablo Cody, Steve Carell, Colin Farrell, Matthew McConaughey, Sean Penn, Brad Pitt, Denzel Washington, Sandra Bullock, Matthew Modine, Kate Pierson of the B52s, David Duchovny, Tim Burton, Lenny Kravitz, Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong, John Mellencamp, Eddie Vedder and AC/DC’s Brian Johnson.
- Matthew McConaughey used an Airstream trailer while promoting his 2005 film “Sahara,” and lived in a 28-foot Airstream in Malibu for several years before buying a home with enough space for his 3 Airstream travel trailers.
- In season three of his hit reality show “The Apprentice,” Donald Trump challenged contestants to create mobile business ventures using an Airstream. The silver bullets reappeared several seasons later in “Celebrity Apprentice.”
- In 2008, Airstream partnered with longtime fan Jesse James to create a one-of-a-kind motorcycle and sidecar featuring Airstream design elements. The $300K Airstream Chopper was built by James’ company West Coast Choppers, in exchange for an Airstream trailer which he gave his then-wife, actress Sandra Bullock, for her birthday.
- Airstreams have been featured in numerous films including “Charlie’s Angels,” “Raising Arizona,” “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape,” “Independence Day,” “Mars Attacks!,” “American Odyssey,” “The Hills Have Eyes,” and “Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps.”
- A customized 1957 Airstream was, for many years, prominently displayed at MTV’s headquarters in Santa Monica, CA.
- Airstream began appearing on television in the late 1950’s when it was featured in “Troubleshooters,” a series depicting the brawling adventures of a globetrotting construction crew. More recently, the trailers have been seen on NBC’s “Grey’s Anatomy” and “Heroes,” on FOX’s “The Simple Life” with Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton, CBS’s “Promised Land” and “CSI: Miami,” and the Food Network’s “The Surreal Gourmet.”
- Mark Harmon currently uses a 1972 Airstream trailer that he restored himself as a dressing room on the set of the CBS hit show “NCIS.” The trailer features avocado green bench-tops.
- “Wheels World Wide” provides customized Airstream trailers to the European film market. Today celebrity occupants include George Michael, Hugh Grant, and Geri Halliwell of the Spice Girls.
starting at $135,600
Airstream’s most historic nameplate offers elegance, luxury, and comfort, no matter how far your journey takes you. The Classic is perfect for long-term adventurers or full-time living.
|Sleeps Up To||5|
|Exterior Length||31' 3"|
|Exterior Width||8' 5.5"|
|Exterior Height w/ AC||9' 9.5"|