At Airstream, we make it a point to celebrate people who embrace the words of Eleanor Roosevelt and truly live life to the fullest. This way of life—the Live Riveted life—is one that Airstreamers know well. We love hearing about their adventures, memories and places they’ve visited along the way.
To encourage the Airstream audience to share Live Riveted stories, we have held several monthly challenges asking people to share their favorite photos, memories and more.
The July challenge was one of the best yet! We asked Airstream fans to share a photo of their favorite place in the USA. There were many submissions, and some of them blew us away! We couldn’t help but share some of our favorites here with the rest of you! Make sure to check out these 5 places, all deemed by Airstreamers as one of their favorite places in the USA:
1. Yellowstone National Park: The winner of July’s challenge, John Goodger, submitted the photo shown above from the mineral springs in Yellowstone, and we have to say—we’ve got a bit of wanderlust looking at it! The stunning colors of the Mammoth Hot Springs are a big attraction for visitors, as are the waterfalls, geysers and wildlife. There Yellowstone is a must-visit for anyone looking to travel to the best nature spots in the nation!
2. Glacier National Park: This national park located in Montana features some of the most beautiful views in the U.S. Whether you’re into hiking, fishing, camping or simply touring the sights, Glacier National Park has something for everyone! So if you’re ready for some true Live Riveted adventures, jump on a Red jammer touring coach and take in all that nature has to offer. Thanks to Audrey Landvater and Brett Colvin for submitting gorgeous photos of this must-see destination!
3. Oregon Coast: The Oregon Coast stretches about 363 miles along the western border of the state of Oregon. Not only is the area visually beautiful, as we saw in the photo submitted by Doug Ashwell, but it also has tons of fun activities to entertain the visitors that flock to the coast. The beaches may be the most popular destinations—horse riding, clam digging and surfing are just a few activities that can be found there. For those interested in history, there are also a number of lighthouses and other historic sites along the Oregon Coast to enjoy.
4. Pacific Crest Trail: Charles Brown submitted a stunning photo of his Airstream on the Pacific Crest Trail. The trail, often abbreviated as the PCT, is a long-distance equestrian and hiking trail aligned with the highest portion of the Sierra Nevada and Cascade mountain ranges. The PCT, which passes through 25 national forests and seven national parks, is a popular destination for thru hikers, or people who hike a long-distance trail from one end to the other in a single trip. This is certainly a great place to live riveted!
5. Cherohala Skyway: Avid sightseers take note—the Cherohala Skyway needs to be included on a road trip route this year. This National Scenic Byway connects Tellico Plains, Tennessee, to Robbinsville, North Carolina, Some of the highlights include Hooper Bald, Stratton Ridge and Bald River Falls, which was pictured in a photo submission by Matthew Riceberg. Plus, there are places to stop for a picnic or to hike a short trail!
Thank you to all who submitted a photo in the July challenge. We loved learning about places to explore in our beautiful country and hope to get to see each of them one day! Where is your favorite place to visit in the USA? We’d love to hear!
And now is your chance to enter to win August’s challenge! We’d love to see your favorite summer memory! From a road trip to a family dinner in your backyard, every memory from the summer is special! Click here to enter to win some amazing prizes, including a week of camping at a Thousand Trails campsite!