The 2020 Travel Trailer lineup is here and there are lots of updates and upgrades to tell you about. Each year, we take a fine-tooth comb to each and every feature to make sure it’s the absolute best fit for the quality, flexibility, and fun you expect from an Airstream travel trailer. Following our founder Wally Byam’s mantra, we never make changes; only improvements.
The Bambi Travel Trailer family
- 16RB, 19CB, 20FB, and 22FB floor plans
- Increased tank capacity
- Upgraded A/C
- Performatex® stain-resistant dinette cushions
- Electric (AC/DC) compressor-style refrigerator
- Improved overhead cabinet design inspired by the Sport
- Torsion axle suspension and upgraded axles
The Caravel Travel Trailer family
- 16RB, 19CB, 20FB, and 22FB floor plans
- Quietstream™ A/C
- Ultraleather® seating
- Stainless steel front rock guards
- Rear bumper storage
- Electric front tongue jack
- Special window awnings
- Dual round LED tail lights
New Globetrotter 23-foot floor plans
The Globetrotter’s ultra-modern style has been a hit since its introduction, and now we’re adding even more options to the family for those who want a smaller, lighter floor plan. Globetrotter now comes in a 23FB and 23FB Twin, in addition to the 25FB, 25FB Twin, 27FB, and 27FB Twin.
Other features the new 23-foot Globetrotter floor plans include:
- 3-way 6.7 cubic foot refrigerator
- Tuft and Needle Adaptive™ Foam mattress
- Multi-functional storage bins behind the galley sink with Dupont Corian® covers
- An LG LED HDTV and Blu-Ray™ player
- Fusion touchscreen surround sound stereo with SiriusXM, Wi-Fi, Apple Airplay, and Bluetooth® connectivity
Rear Hatch Available on More Models
The rear hatch we’ve often included on special editions like the Pendleton and the Tommy Bahama® makes loading and unloading gear a breeze (pun intended). And now we’re adding the hatch to some of our mainstay travel trailers: the 27FB Flying Cloud and 27FB International Serenity. Open up the entire rear of the trailer and enjoy indoor/outdoor dining, more fresh air, and a bonus shaded outdoor space.
New Classic Feature - Active Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Smart Control Technology in the 2020 Classic now includes an active Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). Airstream’s TPMS system actively monitors all four tires, plus the spare, continuously and reports to both the supplied display and Airstream Smart Control App. While some monitoring systems function based on activated movement, our Active TPMS will report tire pressure pounds per square inch (PSI) whether the Classic is on the road or sitting in storage. With the provided Smart Control app, users can monitor temperature (Fahrenheit) for each tire, identify and place active warnings and see updates related to the TPMS system.
- Fully redesigned exterior badges
- Embody the persona of each trailer
International, Flying Cloud, and Globetrotter
- Furrion three-burner LP stove with sleek glass cover that creates a flat, integrated prep surface when you need it
- JL Stereo with Bluetooth connectivity, four speakers, and a subwoofer
- LG LED HDTV and Blu-Ray™ player powered with the inverter so you can watch even when you’re not on shore power
Across the Board
- Improved hitching coupler to make it easier to connect and disconnect your trailer
- Fully enclosed radius exterior storage doors (instead of square) flow with the natural curved design of the travel trailer
The Sport Travel Trailer is one of our longest-running badges in the travel trailer family. But we’re evolving, and so is our product lineup. We’re no longer creating new Sport models for purchase, but if you love the size, maneuverability, and maximized space design of the Sport, you’ll love the new Bambi family.
The International Signature
The International Signature has been part of our family for years, and that family has continued to grow. With that growth comes the official sunsetting of the Signature this year. And while we won’t produce new Signatures in the future, we’re continuing to create and enhance the International Serenity, Signature’s ultra-relaxing counterpart with the same floor plans and premium finishes and appliances.
The Tommy Bahama Relax Edition
Special Editions don’t last forever, and it’s time to see the Tommy Bahama Relax Edition Travel Trailer off into the sunset. But it’s far from the only Airstream with unique style. In fact, if you love the Relax Edition, you should take a look at the Globetrotter. It’s ultra modern, yet still approachable and relaxed.